Friday, December 20, 2013

Spiced Pumpkin Cookies (Only 2 Ingredients!)

9/22/13

2 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies

I am craving all things autumn right now. Squash in all forms. Today I wants something pumpkin, baked and sweet. I also didn't want to put out too much effort. I also want cookies. I am pregnant and indecicive. I looked online and found this recipe for an easy soft pumpkin cookie on cookiesandcups.com. Looks like a cute blog, I will be back there when I need more ideas for sweets.
Here's the link to their recipe. It's the easiest thing I've ever made.
http://cookiesandcups.com/2-ingredient-pumpkin-cookies/
 photo fdde263d-17f5-4e75-86a7-a2d0a1e1dc5d_zpsf364cae1.jpg

Ingredients:

1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
1 box of spice cake mix

Instructions:

preheat to 350
mix stuff together
spoon onto wax paper lined cookie sheet
cook for 13-15 minutes until edges are turning golden

Lanni's Notes: Makes 2 dozen. Frost or ice them if you like. I think mixing in some chopped walnuts would be a nice addition. I bet you could do this same recipe with any flavor cake mix. You could probably sub mashed banana instead of pumpkin... I'll have to try that and get back to you.

My cookies didn't turn out looking as nice as the pictures on the Cookies and Cups blog. I like mine looking messy and homemade. They're for eating anyway, right? I bet if I made them a little smaller and was more careful in how I plopped them onto the sheet, they would look more like cookies and would make for a nice gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment